Monday, May 3, 2010

Week eleven, Workout #31

A goal is not reached until you get to the finish line and that fact was not lost on Anthony today. Being so close to my goal, 1.1 lbs away, I am here to tell you he put me through the hardest workout yet. 31 workouts, 2.5+ months, hardest to date. And, yes, I feel great...now.

The workout was so fast paced and diverse I am not sure I can remember everything we did. We started with a normal active warm up; run, etc. The achilles continues to recover and feel good which is great because today we got back to the ladder work. In addition to it we had the punching bag and medicine ball.

We started at the ladder with up and backs 4x and then punched the bag followed by knees to the bag. Back to the ladder for W's up and back 4x then punches and knees. That set finished with Allie shuffles on the ladder 4x with punches and knees. Right after we did push ups on the ball. After a short break we went right to lunges with the medicine ball for 20 yards and backward for 20 yards. If you've never done a lunge backward, give it a try. To burn out those we did bridge work with the medicine ball and then full body sit ups while throwing the ball to Anthony on the way up - he'd toss it back on the way down. Thereafter we went back to the ladder for the same set noted above. At this point I am gassed but clearly we were not done. Anthony pushed and pushed hard. As I noted early in this blog and project, it always amazes me what you can do or what more you can do with a trainer pushing you. Back to the workout and being gassed this is where it gets fuzzy...I know we did more ball work..push ups for sure but we did something up and back, similar to the lunges and when we got back we did more sit ups. Even more gassed now we finished the day with the ladder, punches and knees..super fast, super hard, super tired. After we were done I about collapsed. I was hurting, gassed and very tired.

I am sure I have missed a few activites but you all get the gist, right...

I feel good know, it is always good when you are done and I know I worked harder than most...I like that.

Until next time.

T

1 comment:

  1. "A goal is not reached until you get to the finish line..."

    Dude, I know that line so well. And now you do too. We've both come a long ways and I admire your focus and perseverance.

    ReplyDelete