Friday, May 7, 2010

Week eleven, Workout #33

As a busy couple of weeks winds down, I made another trip out to see Anthony for workout 33. In many respects it doesn't seem like it has been that long and maybe that is good because the workouts are harder and harder.

Friday was another nice day and another hard workout. I am really feeling great too. Not only is the achilles feeling better than it has in a month + but I am getting strong.

We started the day with the normal run and active warm and then went right into 3 sets of 10 chin ups. Thereafter we went to the field with the medicine ball. Starting on the goal line and holding the ball I did ten squats. Walking with the ball extended straight out in front of me, I walked to the 10 yard line and then did ten more squats. We repeated this through the 50 yard line. Then walked with the ball extended to the opposing goal line. Starting on the goal line again, we did burpies and push ups, up and walking to the 10 yard line for more burpies and push ups, we repeated this through the 50 and then did lunges back to the goal line. Next we did side squats while holding the medicine ball to my chest. From the goal line and every ten yards I'd drop and do push ups with one hand on the ball but I'd alternate hands for each push up. After a short break we went to our last series. This consisted of curls with the rubber band for time then side shuffles from the goal line to the 50 and back. Then right to over head presses with the medicine ball and shuffles to the 40 and back. Next was triceps curls with shuffles to the 30 and back. We repeated that series to finish up the day.

After some stretching it was a wrap. Monday is weigh in day and the third to last one. Coming into this week I was 1.1 lbs shy of my goal. Stay turned for the AM weight in.

Until then.

T

No comments:

Post a Comment